| Cheesemelters and salamanders are a space-saving, light-duty version of the upright overfired broiler. They save space by mounting on a wall or over the range and are generally used for light heating tasks and finishing touches. The instant, uniform and high heat of natural gas infrared burners delivers superior performance and energy efficiency. These small, but mighty, cooking appliances are a valuable asset in any commercial kitchen.
• Smaller versions of the upright overfired broiler, salamanders and cheesemelters heat downward utilizing infrared technology.
• Compact in size and feature a front-loading, horizontal cooking cavity.
• Frying bakery products such as doughnuts, funnelcakes and bagels
• Can also be used to cook pasta, fish and chicken-any food that must float while cooking
• Special events
• Portable models for outdoor activities such as carnivals and fairs
• 50 lbs. to 115 lbs. of oil
• Production capacities from 5 to 10 units per cooking cycle up to 100 dozen doughnuts per hour
• Snap action thermostat
• Drainboard and submerger
• Tank lids
• Cake rings
• Safety shut-off
• High limit control
• Automatic standing pilot
• Counter top, floor standing and towable models
• 29-1/2 inches to 41 inches wide
• Precise temperature control
• Fast recovery
• Easy to clean
• Cool zone and filter for longer oil life
• Sloped tank bottom for easy draining
• Corrosion resistant stainless steel
• 60,000 to 120,000 Btu/hr.
• Natural gas and LPG
• Varies depending on application and equipment
*Listed features offered by some, but not necessarily all vendors.